Hot Topics Related To `off lows`
100 Articles About off lows
* European stocks wilt on first day of 2018 trading * Turnaround in miners pulls stocks off lows * Autos stocks dented by weaker car sales data Jan 2 (Reuters) - Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on market moves: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing snapshot: European shares end slightly lower T
* European stocks wilt on 2018 open * Turnaround in miners pulls stocks off lows * Autos stocks dented by weaker car sales data Jan 2 (Reuters) - Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on market moves: email@example.com Miners pull European stocks off lows heading into close (1602 GMT) T
TOKYO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Japanese stocks scored their biggest rise in over a month on Monday with financials and exporters in hot demand, while construction shares bounced after sliding on news that prosecutors had raided the headquarters of at least two builders for alleged antitrust violations.
LONDON, Oct 10 (Reuters) - A dollar retreat allowed emerging stocks to bounce 0.7 percent on Tuesday to again stand a whisker off three-year highs, while Turkish markets too tried to claw back some losses, with the lira firming 0.25 percent.
LONDON, April 7 (Reuters) - Oil prices held near one-month highs on Friday after the United States attacked a Syrian air base but stocks and the dollar recovered early falls when a U.S. official played down the risks of an escalation.
LONDON, March 28 (Reuters) - Stocks recovered while the dollar rose off four-month lows on Tuesday as anxiety over Donald Trump's setback on healthcare reform gave way to tentative hopes for the U.S. president's planned stimulus policies.
VANCOUVER, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Foreign purchases of Vancouver-area properties nudged off lows in October as international investors, initially unnerved by a tax on foreign home ownership aimed at cooling red-hot prices, returned to Canada's most expensive property market.
TOKYO, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The dollar edged up on Wednesday, moving off lows touched against the yen overnight, as markets looked to a gathering of global central bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming for...
DUBAI, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Most major Gulf stock markets fell on Tuesday after Brent crude oil dropped back below $49 a barrel, but most closed well off their lows as investors bought blue chips in late trade.
LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) - Yields on euro zone government bonds lifted off record lows on Thursday as stocks retained most of the previous session's big gains and the prospect of debt sales called a...
DUBAI, June 26 (Reuters) - Middle East stocks fell sharply on Sunday because of Britain's vote to leave the European Union but Gulf bourses came well off their lows. Egypt was hardest hit because of concern that fund inflows into the country could shrink further.
SYDNEY, April 26 (Reuters) - The yen found a steadier footing early on Tuesday, having crept up from multi-week troughs against the dollar and euro as investors adjusted positions ahead of the Bank...
* Strong data help FTSEurofirst come off lows (ADVISORY- Reuters plans to replace intra-day European and UK stock market reports with a Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets for site in development. See the bottom of the report. Updates prices, adds details)
JOHANNESBURG, March 18 (Reuters) - South Africa's rand fell against the dollar on Friday but was off lows hit earlier this week following allegations that a family close to President Jacob Zuma influenced the firing of the finance minister in December.
LONDON, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Glimmers of recovery in oil prices on Wednesday lifted European stock markets off their lows and dimmed the allure of the Japanese yen, gold and ultra-low-risk government debt.
BANGKOK, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stock markets fell further on Wednesday as investors in Asia sought safe-haven assets amid a slump in oil prices, with the Thai benchmark recovering from losses earlier ahead of the central bank's decision on interest rates later in the day. Bangkok's SET index eased 0.3 percent to 1,281.89, bouncing off an intraday low of 1,275.41, as the Thai central banks's policy meeting took centre stage. Among interest rate sensitive stocks, property subi
DUBAI, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Middle East stock markets plunged to new multi-year lows on Sunday, with Saudi Arabia tumbling more than 5 percent, as a fresh slide of oil prices and declines in global equities triggered panic selling.
DUBAI, Dec 29 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's stock index fell but closed well off its lows on Tuesday after the 2016 state budget introduced spending cuts, rises in fuel, natural gas feedstock and electricity prices, and tax hikes. Other markets in the region were mixed.
SYDNEY/WELLINGTON, Nov 12 (Reuters) - Australian shares trimmed losses on Thursday after employment data surged past all expectations, but weakness in energy firms kept a lid on the market as crude oil struggled at two-month lows.
NEW YORK, Aug 7 (IFR) - Brazil debt prices were off their lows Friday after a dramatic sell-off in the previous session, but traders see little upside after a tough week for the region's largest economy.
TOKYO, July 23 (Reuters) - The dollar crawled off one-week lows against the yen in early trading on Thursday, while the New Zealand dollar rallied after the central bank there made a smaller cut to...
LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) - The euro zone's top share index steadied on Tuesday, a day after posting its biggest one-day percentage drop since 2011, as the European Union made a last-ditch bid to salvage a Greek bailout deal.
NEW YORK, May 27 (Reuters) - The euro stabilized in volatile trading and stocks rose on Wednesday after reports that Greece and its creditors, including the European Union and IMF, had reached an agreement that will provide debt relief to the struggling nation.
DUBAI, March 26 (Reuters) - Middle East stock markets fell sharply in early trade on Thursday after Saudi Arabia and allies launched air strikes in Yemen, edging towards a fresh proxy war with Iran. But the Saudi market came well off its lows after an initial plunge.
LONDON, Dec 15 (Reuters) - Britain's top share index rose on Monday, rebounding after its biggest weekly fall in over three years, as energy stocks bounced from multi-year lows to track the oil price...
NEW YORK, Oct 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday on continued worries about the global economy, but managed to close well above session lows that briefly pushed the S&P 500 and Nasdaq into...
SYDNEY, Sept 3 (Reuters) - The dollar hovered at 14-month highs against a basket of major currencies early on Wednesday, underpinned by upbeat U.S. data and further supported by a selloff in the yen...
* Euro off lows as inflation cools bets for ECB cut next week * Wall Street gains on mostly strong economic reports * German Bund yields tick higher but still near record lows (Adds oil settlement prices) By Herbert Lash NEW YORK, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Global equity markets rose on a fresh round of strong U.S. economic reports on Friday, while German bond yields edged up from record lows as expectations that the European Central Bank would ease monetary policy next week faded.
* Euro off lows as inflation cools bets for ECB cut next week * Wall Street gains on mostly strong economic reports * German Bunds tick higher but still near record lows (Adds close of European bond, stock markets) By Herbert Lash NEW YORK, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Global equity markets rose on a fresh round of strong U.S. economic reports on Friday, while German bond yields edged up from record lows as expectations that the European Central Bank would ease monetary policy next week